- Sometimes the simple things are the best things. Here are a few Halloween items to wow trick-or-treaters all night. Start with a festive front door. Swap your old doormat with a new, Halloween-themed doormat. Next, add a bale of hay with a freshly carved pumpkin sitting on top. To top it off, add a couple of hanging bats to give a good scare to trick-or-treaters.
- Decorating tree branches is a good way to make your home ghostly looking. Carefully place jack-‘o-lanterns throughout a bare-limbed tree. Remember not to place too many jack-‘o-lanterns or the overall effect will cancel out. One crow on top and one crow at the base of the tree are the perfect pieces to finish the project.
- Spooky window decorations are sometimes overlooked during Halloween. But don’t miss out on this great opportunity! Blood-spattered windows are sure ways to attract trick-or-treaters. Cover your windows with wax paper and splatter red paint over it and watch your house be the talk of the town!
- Throw a spooky Halloween party for all ages to enjoy! It is also a chance to bond with the new neighbors. But before the party starts, prepare a Radioactive Fruit Punch you and your kids will love making. Mix orange juice, mountain dew, Kool-Aid, and food coloring to make this delightfully disgusting drink.
- Calm those sugar rushed, energetic kids with cool Halloween crafts. First, go on a nature walk with your kids and collect twigs and branches. Second, glue them onto black paper to give a dark, scary background. Add eyes to give them “life.” Finally, snap a picture of your kids holding the finished crafts to record the families’ fun times.
- Have you ever heard of the game Pin the Tail on the Donkey? Now have you ever heard of the game Pin the Wart on the Witch? Different game names but same game rules. You have to literally pin the wart on the witch blindfolded. A guaranteed way to get lots of laughs from kids!
Add a twist to this Halloween season by decorating the inside of your home. Your guests will be scared and entertained all throughout their visit!
- Have multiple sets of eyes watching your guests’ every move by replacing chandelier shades with jack-‘o-lanterns. It is a creepy, eerie feeling knowing that someone is watching your every move.
- Those jack-‘o-lanterns may need backup, so hang these ghost fellows in your house. They are easy to make so you can hang dozens of them everywhere in the house. But remember to hang them high!
- Add black stickers with warning signs and mini pumpkins for those who dare to walk upstairs. They will definitely think twice before heading to the unknown.
- Continue the spookiness of your house by placing crocheted spider-webs in the guest room. Your guest will expect a comforting, inviting bedroom but no, catch them by surprise with this idea. Add spiders on the web to enhance the look.
Looking for a great way to spend your weekend? Do you live in or near apartments in Naperville, Illinois? Why not enjoy your time outdoors with all that Naperville has to offer at one of these nearby parks!
Country Lakes Park
This park features one of the largest jungle gyms that would impress most kids. If your dog happens to be your kid, this is still a great place to visit! You can find this located at 1835 N. Aurora Rd, Naperville, IL 60563.
Large grass fields and aged trees makes this park a great place for those into sports. Amenities include a playground, baseball field, and a multipurpose field. If you’re looking to take a walk, there are a few hiking trails to get your heart pumping. The park is located at 1524 Oxford Lane, Naperville, IL.
Feeling outdoorsy or want to get in tuned with nature, this park is perfect for you. It is known for its long scenic trails and picnic areas that lets you feel like you’re eating with the wildlife. Take a stroll over to 1524 Oxford Lane, Naperville, IL, and you won’t regret that you did.
Labor Day weekend is approaching quickly and the thought might have come to you: “What do I have planned?” No need to worry, we got you covered with these 3 crazy fun events going on in Miami.
Day La Soul: 90’s and 2000’s Day Party
Enjoy some good vibes and fun times while enjoying some classic throwback songs! This is your chance to let your hair down and make some new friendships and let loose! You won’t want to miss out on this fun event.
ICON: Labor Day Weekend w/ DJ Camilo
Enjoy all that ICON has to offer from the state of the art technology to the art deco-inspired design. This is the same space that has been filled with celebrities like Tiesto, Calvin Harris, Beyonce, Lady Gaga, and much more!
Labor Day Open Bar Miami Beach Mansion Party
Great DJ and great music in a big mansion! This one is a no brainer! If there is one event you have to go to it is this one! Enjoy top shelf liquor from the open bar with all your friends as you enjoy the night!
Labor day weekend is right around the corner and when it comes around, you’ll be ready to take full advantage of it with these 3 restaurants that offer delicious food and an awesome environment that’s perfect for enjoying your day.
Known for its eclectic style, Balans is the perfect place to enjoy a weekend brunch with friends and family. They have a very broad selection of choices so you’ll never get bored even if you go there again and again!
Hong Kong Cafe
If you’re looking for excellent food at an affordable price, then Hong Kong Cafe is the place you’ll want to be this Labor Day weekend.
If you haven’t yet tried Spanish cuisine then you have to check out this small eatery on 40th street. You’ll enjoy great service and amazing food. By the way, be sure not to miss out on the Paella!
Labor day weekend. The perfect time to bring out the barbecues and call over your loved ones for some good times and fun vibes. What better place to go than to the beach to go enjoy a sunny bright day. Here are 3 beaches that you could visit this weekend.
Enjoy the coast of this cove-like beach and bask in the warm sun while you play some beach volleyball, build a sandcastle, or maybe just enjoy some good food from the various outside eateries.
Popular for its turtle nesting, Hillsboro Beach will undoubtedly provide you with a unique experience that you can tell your friends about when you come back from your weekend.
The water on this beach is the warmest and clearest that you will find in all of South Florida. But for those of you who enjoy other pleasures, there’s also nearby golfing and horse racing opportunities that you may enjoy as well.
You’re at your place with all your friends and the question comes up: where to go to eat while you watch the Olympics? Don’t worry, we have you covered, here are 3 great locations near you that you and your friends can enjoy!
215 S B St, San Mateo, CA 94401
This neighborhood bar offers a pool table, great food, and a variety of games. Nothing screams more fun than this combo right here!
1163 San Carlos Ave, San Carlos, CA 94070
If you enjoy a more classic feel to the place you go to enjoy the Olympics then this is the best place for you!
3rd Ave Sports Bar & Grill
77 E 3rd Ave, San Mateo, CA 94401
This is the perfect place for all you sports watchers out there, not only do they offer pub favorites like burgers and nachos, but they have a lot of huge T.V’s to add to the great experience you’ll have here.
No matter who you are or where you are in the world, it is equally as fascinating to see the performance that is unique only to the Olympics. Here are 3 locations near your area where you can enjoy every second of every sporting event.
Puente Hills Mall, 1576 S Azusa Ave, City of Industry, CA 91748
Nothing screams Olympics like Buffalo Wild wings. With T.V’s everywhere you look and a fun atmosphere all around, this is definitely the place for you and your friends to stop by.
14226 Whittier Blvd, Whittier, CA 90605
Change is good, experience this unique location with all your friends! You’ll be glad that you did!
13902 Imperial Hwy, La Mirada, CA 90638
Enjoy an affordable option where you can meet other locals who also came to enjoy the Olympics and create some unforgettable memories and new connections!
The Olympics never fails to blow our minds away with performance of our most elite athletes in the world. Which is exactly the reason why you cannot miss a single second of the upcoming events. Here are some of the best location for you to watch the Olympics and enjoy some good times with your close friends!
120 W Houston Ave, Fullerton, CA 92832
If you enjoy a low-key laidback place that offers great beer at a great price then 2J’s is the place for you and your friends to head over to.
125 W Santa Fe Ave, Fullerton, CA 92832
Everyone has that place that they can go to because they know it will offer a fun and exciting vibe, Heroes is exactly that place!
The Patio Restaurants & Sports Bar
128 W Wilshire Ave, Fullerton, CA 92832
You can enjoy the sporting events on the inside with some great foods and if you enjoy some fresh air, you can even step out into the patio!